4G eval s.r.o. is an independent consulting company based in Prague, specialized in providing a comprehensive range of services within the fields of project design, monitoring & evaluation, water and sanitation, environment, social and economic development and disaster preparedness and prevention.
Our core team includes four permanent in-house experts and a team of associate experts. 4G eval cooperates with an international network of qualified experts and partners to implement complex assignments in different parts of the world.
4G eval is associated with 4G consite ltd. and can draw on its considerable experience with implementation and consulting activities in geology, hydrogeology, integrated water resource management, and environment protection. 4G eval supports companies throughout the adoption of an Environmental Management System (ISO 14001), ensuring the highest standards in the field of environmental impact management, in compliance with current environmental regulations.
4G eval organization reflects the task based management approach, focusing on teamwork, communication and sharing of ideas and responsibilities to best utilize the available resources. The management supports responsible, project-oriented, interdisciplinary and multi – cultural cooperation where each team member can apply his or her expertise, experience and creativity to facilitate flexible response to the different tasks and projects’ needs.
4G eval operates worldwide and has implemented projects different countries in Africa, East Asia, Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Middle East and South Asia regions for a variety of clients including the World Bank, EBRD, UNICEF, UNDP, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic, the Czech Development Agency, Czech and International NGOs and the private sector.
In all its activities, 4G eval is guided by the principles of sustainable development with focus on good governance and human rights, gender equality, green growth and equitable access to resources. 4G eval approach is based on partnership with support to inclusive participation and dialogue.
Evaluations implemented by 4G eval are compliant with the IDEAS Code of Ethics adopted in November 2014, with the Code of Ethics for Evaluators adopted by the Czech Evaluation Society in 2011, and follow the Formal Standards for Implementing Evaluations of the Czech Evaluation Society (2013). Our experts regularly participate in EPDET and they are also represented in IDEAS – International Development Evaluation Association.
Fields of expertize
Projekt design, Monitoring and evaluation
- Evaluations of performance, processes and results, meta-evaluations: Design, planning, implementation, stakeholder consultation. Intervention-related, systemic and procedural recommendations.
- Quality assurance of evaluation designs and reports
- Design and implementation of monitoring and reporting systems and mechanism
- Capacity building and training
Water and sanitation
- Project and program formulation, sustainability issues, environmental and social assessment
- Implementation support, capacity building and training, monitoring, evaluation
- Surveys and assessments (ability and willingness to pay, inventory and mapping, customer satisfaction)
- Cost-recovery tariffs, social considerations, formulation of social support programs and models
- Environmental impact assessment, environmental audit, hazard or risk assessment, environmental management plan, environmental and social management framework
- Environmental protection and planning, assessments of risks, designing mitigations measures (remediation of old and emerging environmental burdens, rehabilitation of brownfields, assessment and mitigation of risks from petroleum substances and hazardous waste)
- Identification of potential environmental liabilities such as ground water contamination as a consequence of past and present operations
- Institutional analysis and capacity building (transfer of technical and environmental know-how, stakeholder engagement, information and awareness)
- Legal and regulatory framework (review of existing management systems, relevant legislation and international standards, policies and practices)
- Project and program formulation (theory of change, stakeholder analysis, implementation modalities, institutional framework, budget and modalities for funding, handing over and phasing out)
- Stakeholder engagement and inclusive participation (Stakeholder analysis, stakeholder participation and communication structure, stakeholder participation plans)
- Information, education and communication
- Socio-economic surveys, Social audit, socio-economic impact analysis and assessment, social due diligence
- Private sector development: Support services to small and medium enterprises, support to trade and business associations, institutional, legal and regulatory framework, enabling environment, capacity building and training
- Management of grant schemes in support of SME development
Disaster preparedness and prevention
- Assessment of climate change adaption needs
- Resilience and preparedness to floods
- Evaluation of DPP projects